If you are looking for Kahoot Alternatives, you’ve probably rocked some Kahoot! games in your classroom, but you know they are not the only game in town, right? It’s unquestionable that Kahoot! was a hit among teachers and students, especially since online teaching kicked into high gear in 2020. Still, since then, other Kahoot alternatives have been created and are gaining the hearts of teachers around the globe. Let’s explore some of these awesome games like Kahoot and see where they fit.
If you need a quick recap on Kahoot!, here it goes. Kahoot! is the all-in-one engagement, teaching, assessment, and review tool created in 2012, helping teachers create simple quizzes and deliver quick reports on students’ performance.
Top free Kahoot alternatives
- Google Forms
*Table updated in 2023
Top 7 Similar Kahoot Alternatives for Free
1. The best Kahoot Alternative – Quizalize
Say hello to Quizalize – the complete Kahoot alternative that not only engages your students but also helps you personalize your teaching effortlessly. What sets Quizalize apart are its remarkable features that fill the gaps left by Kahoot. Let’s break it down:
All you need to know in less than one minute:
- Curriculum Tagging & Mastery Data (Quizalize vs Kahoot!): Quizalize goes beyond Kahoot by letting you tag questions to objectives and gain insights into student mastery, enhancing teaching through its exclusive ‘Mastery Dashboard’
- Richer Classroom Game Experiences (Quizalize vs Kahoot!): Quizalize elevates classroom gaming. Unlike Kahoot, it’s been pioneering engaging, educational games for a long time. With individual, team, and multiplayer modes, teachers can try various games like Blockerzz and Hoopzz, a popular basketball challenge.
- Differentiation at its best (Quizalize vs Kahoot!): In contrast to Kahoot’s uniform approach, Quizalize recognizes varied student paces. Its distinct feature lets teachers auto-assign resources based on quiz outcomes – videos for strugglers, PDFs for near-comprehension, and extensions for masters.
- Data for School Leaders (Quizalize vs Kahoot!): Similar to Kahoot, Quizalize extends its impact beyond the classroom. Its ‘Quizalize Insights’ offers comprehensive data, enabling school leaders to enhance teaching methods and student outcomes across schools or districts.
- Offline & Scanning (Quizalize vs Kahoot!): No need to worry about internet issues or data entry hassles. Quizalize supports offline gameplay and scanning of printed quizzes, catering to all teaching environments, including areas with unreliable internet.
- Quiz creations & AI (Quizalize vs Kahoot!): While Kahoot allows you to choose only two question types for free, with Quizalize, you can access nine question types, a user-friendly interface, and ChatGPT integration for instant quizzes. Save time, teach better, and import/export content easily – all free.
A comprehensive look at why Quizalize is the best Kahoot alternative
- Curriculum Tagging & Mastery Data: Different from Kahoot, which delivers a quick snap about your student’s performance on a particular subject; with Quizalize, you can tag your questions to specific learning objectives and get detailed insights into each student’s mastery level using Quizalize’s ‘Mastery Dashboard’, ensuring a targeted and effective teaching approach over time.
- Richer Whole Class Game Experiences: Quizalize takes whole-class gaming to the next level. While Kahoot has recently introduced new games for the classroom, Quizalize has been on this journey for a while. Recognizing the desires of both teachers and students, the team focused on creating engaging game formats that are as educational as they are entertaining. Featuring individual, team, and multiplayer modes, teachers can explore a variety of games, from Blockerzz, the Minecraft-inspired game on Quizalize, to the well-known favorite, Hoopzz. This basketball challenge has become a sensation in classrooms around the world.
- Differentiation at its best: While Kahoot delivers an excellent student experience to the whole class, not all students learn at the same pace, and Quizalize gets that. It offers a unique feature allowing teachers to automatically assign different resources to students depending on their quiz results. Perhaps a youtube video for students really struggling with a concept, a pdf worksheet for students who are almost there, and a link to an extension activity on a website for students who have mastered the concept.
- Data for School Leaders: As Kahoot, Quizalize isn’t just about the classroom – it’s about the big picture too. What sets Quizalize apart is the comprehensive data and report called ‘Quizalize Insights’ that help School leaders to make informed decisions to enhance teaching methodologies and student outcomes for a whole school or even an entire district.
- Offline & Scanning: Forget about internet woes or time-consuming data entry. Quizalize allows for offline gameplay and even supports the scanning of printed quizzes. It’s a flexible solution that adapts to every teaching environment, even for regions where the internet is unreliable.
- Quiz creations & AI: While Kahoot allows you to choose only two question types for free, With Quizalize’s user-friendly interface, over nine different question types, more than 1 million quizzes created by other teachers, and our brand new integration with ChatGPT that allow teachers to create quizzes in seconds about any subject, you can whip up engaging assessments in a snap, saving you valuable time for what truly matters – teaching, and the best of all, everything is free. As an added bonus, you can import Google Forms and Quizlet quizzes to Quizalize, but you can also export your Quizalize quizzes to almost any other platform, including Kahoot. No locked gates; you’re in control of your creations.
Give it a go today and let Quizalize transform your teaching routine, giving you more time, engagement, and smiles in the classroom!
Looking for something new and better?
2. The just-for-fun Kahoot Alternative – Blooket
Blooket is hands down one of those go-to options for teachers who just want to inject some serious fun into their classroom vibes. It’s a great choice if you’re all about having a laugh while you teach. They’ve got a bunch of game styles to choose from that will keep your students totally hooked. And hold up, have you seen their in-app store? It’s like a treasure trove of awesomeness where you can pimp up your characters and sprinkle some extra fun into your games (you might need to go premium for some of the goodies, though). So, if you’re up for a class that’s quick, engaging, and tons of fun, Blooket totally has your back.
Both reports are similar, with Blooket being slightly more straightforward in terms of data compared to Kahoot—still a good option for a quick snap on how your class is performing on a specific subject.
3. The distant Kahoot cousin Alternative – GimKit
GimKit emerges as a compelling alternative to Kahoot, bringing a fresh approach to educational technology. While drawing inspiration from Kahoot, GimKit has carved its own niche, making it a prominent contender among alternatives.
GimKit excels in crafting an engaging learning experience that captivates students. Simplified question formats – multiple choice and typed answers – are offset by creative game modes and a virtual money-based scoring system, ensuring sustained student involvement and enjoyment. Switching from Kahoot to GimKit is seamless, thanks to its user-friendly interface. The transition from content creation to presentation requires minimal effort, eliminating any complex onboarding process.
GimKit offers access to both GimKit Live and GimKit Ink. The latter encourages student collaboration by facilitating the sharing and discussion of their work. GimKit Live introduces versatility through various game modes, effectively maintaining student interest and fostering competition. Additionally, in-game currency adds an extra layer of excitement, allowing students to earn and spend virtual currency on personal power-ups, thereby enhancing their motivation and engagement.
4. The Clash of Titans Kahoot Alternative – Quizizz
In the dynamic world of EdTech, Quizizz emerges as a versatile teaching and learning platform, offering a captivating alternative to Kahoot. It’s a powerful tool for infusing your lessons with excitement and making learning an engaging experience for teams and students alike. Setting up a free account opens the gateway to creating diverse questions, from multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank to polls and checkboxes. The beauty of Quizizz lies in its universality, accessible on any device – ensuring seamless engagement.
The real-time leaderboard feature adds gaming to the classroom experience; even though Kahoot offers more fun options than Quizizz leaderboard, what really sets Quizizz apart from Kahoot is their quiz player experience, where students can enjoy power-ups and other engaging elements while answering your quizzes, and let’s not forget the memes during each question.
If parting with Kahoot’s expansive quiz library is your concern, Quizizz is your solution. Boasting over a million pre-made quizzes across various subjects ensures you’re never short of quality content.
In the quest for a Kahoot alternative, Quizizz shines as a powerful ally, enhancing learning through engaging quizzes, user-friendly design, and an array of convenient features.
5. A different Kahoot Alternative – Formative
Formative and Kahoot take center stage on educational apps, each offering a distinct flavor to the learning journey. Kahoot’s name resonates with vibrant quizzes and captivating games that infuse energy into classrooms. In contrast, Formative emerges with a unique approach, transforming assessment into an ongoing dialogue between educators and learners.
Formative takes the assessment concept to new heights, creating a dynamic conversation between teachers and students. Including real-time feedback and the capacity to monitor progress over time empowers educators to delve deeper into student comprehension. This approach nurtures a more profound understanding of the subject matter and paves the way for tailored learning experiences.
On the other end of the spectrum, the Kahoot gaming experience is still a challenge versus the mighty Formative tool. Both platforms are forces to be reckoned with in the realm of EdTech, catering to distinct educational needs.
The decision between Formative and Kahoot ultimately hinges on your teaching style and the kind of learning atmosphere you aspire to foster. Whether you’re drawn to ongoing assessment dialogue and deep insights or seek the thrill of interactive quizzes, these titans of interactive learning offer pathways to enhance education in unique ways.
6. The AI Kahoot Alternative – Curipod
While not as widely recognized as Kahoot and Formative, Curipod’s distinct features set it apart in the EdTech arena.
Curipod’s focus lies in curated educational content and seamless collaboration. By empowering educators to tailor materials from various sources, Curipod transforms traditional resources into dynamic assets, enhancing engagement.
Curipod took the AI route, ensuring responsible technology integration. Designed for teachers, it augments instruction without compromising privacy. Data security is a priority – AI models do not access personal information. With teacher control, cheating concerns vanish. Curipod assists in fact-checking AI content, offering guidance for effective classroom use. The platform stays current with AI regulations, easing schools’ AI integration.
While Kahoot has just released its AI tools (paid version), the likes of Curipod and Quizalize shine as responsible AI integration pioneers. Its tailored approach, data privacy commitment, and teacher-centric design empower educators to navigate AI’s potential, prioritizing ethics and student well-being.
7. The simple but well-known Kahoot Alternative – Google Forms
We could not talk about Google, so let’s dive into the simple but very popular option Google Forms.
While Kahoot thrives on its high-energy atmosphere, Google Forms offers a different yet complementary avenue for educators looking to diversify their toolkit. The transition from Kahoot to Google Forms doesn’t entail sacrificing engagement; instead, it introduces a structured approach to assessment and interaction.
Embracing Google Forms after being well-versed in Kahoot might feel like stepping into a slightly different realm, but the benefits are manifold. Firstly, Google Forms maintains user-friendliness, ensuring a smooth transition for educators accustomed to Kahoot’s dynamic environment. Just as Kahoot provides a lively classroom experience, Google Forms offers structured assessments through quizzes, surveys, and assignments, enabling educators to maintain engagement while exploring new modes of interaction.
The flexibility in question formats is still limited on both sides, but you have slightly more freedom when using Google Forms versus Kahoot’s free version. Beyond this, Google Forms seamlessly integrates with other G Suite tools, allowing educators to streamline their workflow and enhance collaboration – a feature akin to Kahoot’s integration capabilities. This interconnected ecosystem empowers educators to manage various aspects of teaching and learning more efficiently, enhancing the overall educational experience.
Transitioning from Kahoot to Google Forms isn’t about bidding farewell to engagement and excitement. Instead, it’s about expanding horizons and embracing the advantages of a structured approach to assessment and interaction.
A World of Possibilities with free Kahoot alternatives
In a world of interactive learning, where engagement and excitement are key, it’s great to know that Kahoot alternatives free of charge are thriving. Among these options, Quizalize stands out as a true game-changer. While Kahoot has been a staple, Quizalize takes engagement and personalization to a whole new level, offering unique features that cater to diverse learning needs. So, as you explore these amazing alternatives, don’t forget to give Quizalize a shot – it might just redefine the way you teach and engage with your students. Happy teaching and gaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for a quick overview? We’ve prepared a few answers on similar alternatives to Kahoot!
Quizalize is the best choice for teachers aiming to save time while creating quizzes, fostering student engagement with enjoyable games, and accessing comprehensive progress reports with differentiation options.
Each platform has its strengths (check the table at the top of this page), but the best all-around option for teachers who want the same fun but with better reports on student performance and differentiation tools will opt for Quizalize.
The most comprehensive alternative to Kahoot Free, with the added benefit of AI support for teachers, is Quizalize. Thanks to our innovative integration with ChatGPT, educators can effortlessly craft quizzes on any topic in seconds, making assessment creation a breeze and giving you more time to focus on what truly counts – teaching. More free AI tools are coming soon for registered Quizalize Members.
Have any questions about Quizalize? Contact us here.